Routines trigger actions based on a set of conditions such as specific times, days of the week, or when another device is activated (such as detecting motion).
To use your phone’s mobile presence in Routines, enable your phone's Location services using the steps here.
To view your Routines, tap Automations from the navigation bar.
Add a Routine
Routines in SmartThings work using an IF condition and THEN action. This means IF an indicated thing happens THEN control a device, Scene, Service, or Location setting.
To add a Routine, follow these steps:
- From the Favorites or Automations tab, tap Add (+) and select Routine
- Tap Add (+) next to IF
- Select and set the conditions that will trigger the Routine. If you selected multiple conditions:
- Tap All conditions for all conditions to be met before triggering the Routine
- Tap Any condition to require that only some conditions are met to trigger the Routine
Disable or Remove a Routine
You can temporarily disable Routines without deleting them by opening the Routines view and toggling ON or OFF the switch next to a Routine.
To remove a Routine, follow these steps:
- From the Automations tab, select More Options (⋮) and tap Delete
- Select Minus (-) next to the desired Routine
- Select Delete to confirm
Edit a Routine
To update an existing Routine with a new device, Service, or Scene, edit the Routine with these steps:
- From the Automations tab, select the desired Routine
- Make the necessary changes to the Routine and tap Save