SmartApps are preconfigured services that give you special control over your devices. These can have many functions - from managing your locks to enabling security events for your smart home.
Some SmartApps are only available in certain regions - visit the Works With SmartThings page here for more information about what is supported in your area.
To view your SmartApps, select the Menu (☰) and tap SmartApps.
Add your SmartApps
Depending on which devices you have, you may be unable to add certain SmartApps. For example, you will not be able to add a lock-based SmartApp if you don’t have a smart lock added to your Location.
To add a SmartApp, follow these steps:
- From the Home Screen, Tap Add (+) and select SmartApp
- Select the desired SmartApp
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Control and Edit your SmartApps
Some SmartApps can be controlled directly while others create automatic actions that run in the background. Many SmartApps can be controlled and edited straight from the Home Screen or by using these steps:
- From the Home Screen, select Menu (☰)
- Tap SmartApps
- Select the SmartApp you would like to control or edit
Remove your SmartApp
If your SmartApp is not performing as expected or is no longer needed, you may need to remove it from SmartThings. Removing a SmartApp will also remove it from any Automations that might be controlling it.
To remove a SmartApp, follow these steps:
- From the Home Screen, select Menu (☰) and tap SmartApps
- Select More Options (⋮) and tap Delete
- Choose Minus (-) next to the desired SmartApp
- Tap Delete to confirm